Custom Build Desktop
Built in 2016 right before I started working as a technical consultant. This is my first ATX build (I used to build Shuttle XPC barebones when I lived with my parents as my desk was a bit small). I use this to practice various area of SQL, Windows Server as well as occasional gaming.
- Case – Corsair Obsidian 450D
- Motherboard – ASUS Strix X99
- CPU – Intel Core i7 6800K with Corsair H110i v2 cooler.
- GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- RAM – 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400 (4 x 8GB)
- Storage – 2 x Crucial MX300 SSD 1 x 1TB, 1x 750GB.
- PSU – Corsair RM650i
- OS – Windows 10 Professional
Dell XPS 9360
I use this when I’m sat on the sofa and I need something with a keyboard. It also serves as a learning tool for Linux operating systems as it runs the latest release of Ubuntu.
I also have a couple of Raspberry Pi builds that see occasional use:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B running Raspberry Pi OS
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B running RISC OS